Five things you’ll find in my
- my fleece winter hat that I use as a cushioned pouch for lunch food
- ziploc “possibles bag” (i.e. things I might possibly need), currently has teabags, binder clip, quarter, bandaids, ibuprofen, antihistamine, dental floss
- eyeglass case containing tampons, ibuprofen, and spare pair of contacts in case I break my glasses and still need to drive somewhere
- drawing supplies: blue non-photo pencils, extra-fine sharpie, blank 4×6 index cards in a ziploc bag
- spare deodorant: Old Spice Deodorant for Nocturnal Creatures: Wolfthorn, which oddly smells exactly like lemon-lime soda
Five things you’ll find in my room:
- my alarm clock, a small battery-powered cheapie
- photo of sang and me in our opera duds in 1993, a stand-in for a wedding photo since we don’t have one. She’s in white tie (head shaved), I’m in her former prom dress.
- the small cedar box I made in woodshop in eighth grade, with a rose wood-burned on top: currently holds jewelry, much of it broken
- “rice socks” that are actually nicely sewn bags with slipcovers even, but we still call them that from when we used tube socks. Filled with rice for microwaving, essential for cold bedtimes.
- the Box of All Tapes (scotch tape, masking tape, painter’s tape, packing tape, doublestick tape) that got moved onto the bureau when the windows were being refurbished and never found another home.
Five of my favorite things:
- chocolate milk
- library books
- mac and cheese
Five things I’m currently into:
- learning Japanese kanji and vocab at http://wanikani.com
- Megan Whalen Turner’s Queen’s Thief series. I’ve reread the first four and have now gotten to the one I haven’t read yet!
- berry season
- the front porch
- using https://checkvist.com for weekend and evening to-do lists
Five things on my to-do list:
- clean the gutters, figure out what the deal is with that one, and trim back encroaching tree limbs. Save bay leaves for shellynoir.
- email my parents. (a frequently listed item)
- finish that 1940s children’s book that’s overdue at the university library
- dishes (frequently listed item)
- try that barre workout DVD I checked out from the library